Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another lamp done!









I've had such a great start to my year creatively! Last January, I didn't have the opportunity to make any of my art because I had 2 big orders right in the New Year. Not so this time around, and I'm so pleased! I love being able to recharge my creative battery before I start doing production work.
I thought I was pleased with the results of my first lamp. That was the case till I completed this one! I'm especially happy with the little turtle on top. He's got personality and I didn't even do it on purpose! All the details you see is made of polymer clay and majority of the details are sculpted canework. I really like look of the translucent clay lit up.
I don't think this will be the last time I make lamps!

7 comments:

666777888 said...

I loved the last one SOO MUCH... until I saw THIS ONE!! So Cool!!!

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

wow that's cool! it is really beautiful. Not sure I will have patience to finish a big project like that but am tempted to try a lamp too now I know how beautiful they can be!

Melobeau said...

So special and beautiful as well as stunning, detailed, meticulously crafted and unique. What a gorgeous piece! Love Mr. Turtle.

Marian Hertzog said...

These lamps are really beautiful!

feelingfimo said...

Gorgeous!! Fantastic work!!

LaJulieChose said...

I did'nt know your work before...what a pity ;)
It's just fantastic...sorry for my english, I swear it's clear.

Heather said...

Caught you on Polymer Clay Daily and so glad I did.
Your lamps are amazing and I love how the color changes when it is lit up. I especially like your frog.